D brand identity repository

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 04:21:37 PDT 2011

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 04:39:31 -0400, James Fisher <jameshfisher at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Steven Schveighoffer
> <schveiguy at yahoo.com>wrote:
>>
>> If it's worth anything, I like the coloring and logo scheme of the
>> current
>> site, but I like the design of James' mockup better.
>

> Do you mean "the current one is good, but I prefer James' mockup", or
>  "James' design is best, but I prefer the old coloring and logo scheme"?
>
> (Just because I'd like your opinion.)

Not sure what the subtlety is I'm missing, but I'll try to clarify:

I like your site design (the layout) but I like the color scheme of the
current d-p-l.org site.  The logo on d-p-l.org I don't mind, and I also
like your mockup logo.  I could go either way on the logo.  In any case,
both look more professional than the current digitalmars.com site (no
offense to Walter).

I think others have brought up good points about being able to navigate
the library documentation -- the tabs will not scale well for that.  So do
you have ideas on how that will look?  It should *not* be a popup menu or
dropdown.  I think it necessarily has to be a navigation bar on the left.

-Steve