std.math.TAU

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jul 5 15:59:32 PDT 2011

On 7/5/2011 3:45 PM, Don wrote:
>> Another thing -- why are some constants defined in decimal, others in hex, and
>> one (E) with the long 'L' suffix?
>
> The ones defined in decimal are obsolete, they haven't had a conversion to hex yet.

The ones in hex I got out of a book that helpfully printed them as octal values.
I wanted exact bit patterns, not decimal conversions that might suffer if
there's a flaw in the lexer.

It's hard to come by textbook values for some of these that are high precision.

It's definitely not good enough to just write some simple fp program to generate
them.