Assembly Integration into Compiler

eris jvburnes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 11:58:12 PDT 2011

I'm sure it's a good assembler, I'm just thinking that if you wanted to
cross-develop for ARM or some other CPU you would have to write the assembler for
it rather than leverage an existing ARM assembler.

Perhaps its easy enough to snag the critical assembler components from an existing
assembler, but it still means that D sources must carry all of the existing target
assemblers.

Modularity...just saying.   But I realize that this also allows for very tight
control over the compiled/assembled code.

Maybe this is no big deal when you consider that cross-development requires a
custom build chain anyway.

Other than that, I love D/D2.  (Though trying to get LDC2/qtd to work right now is
driving me a little nuts.  :-)