The issue with libraries that use Windows API prototypes

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 06:50:43 PDT 2011

On 7/10/11, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> This would be less of an issue when we get a package manager for D.

Yeah I would agree with this. For example, to use the winapi in Python
you would have to install http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/ .
Although for Windows these python packages come in a installation
setup form, it's still damn easy to install one and even pick which
Python version to install it for. As soon as you've got that package
installed, you're pretty much covered for any python code that uses
winapi.

DSSS seemed like a good idea although its codebase scares me a little. :>