Complete floating point literals

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jul 10 20:13:47 PDT 2011

Caligo:

> It would be really great if we could put all the breaking changes into
> one release to minimize disruption.  iirc, another breaking change is
> the fix to foreach.

Walter has not commented on both of them, so this discussion is just theoretical still.

DMD 2.054 will introduce several small changes, in switch, OOP, etc. From my experience here I've seen that even simple things need some thinking time, so I think you can't put them all in a single release. There are just too many rough corners to fix in D. I have a list (all of them are in Bugzilla already), I'd like things to go on faster, but I think they need their time.

Bye,
bearophile