Any companies using D?

Sönke Ludwig ludwig at informatik.uni-luebeck.de
Mon Jul 11 23:25:27 PDT 2011

Am 12.07.2011 06:38, schrieb ChrisW:
> Obviously Digital Mars does development in D, but I was wondering if
> any other companies have yet taken the plunge -- even if just in their
> R&D department -- to try using D as their development language?

I am working for a company that develops photographic software. Right
now I am working there on a compiler that is written in D. The decision
was easy because this is a stand-alone project and the risk is well
under control.

I would also really like to use it on a larger scale and get other
people in - but from my experiences with my (largish) private project I
see the risk (or time loss) due to compiler/linker bugs it still far too
high. I would love to see a no-known-regression policy for new releases
to decrease that risk.