CTFE writeln

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Jul 12 04:27:05 PDT 2011

KennyTM~:

> I've just opened a pull request* to enable std.stdio.writeln in CTFE.
> Any comments?
>
> *: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/237

A tidy printing function is needed at CT, and the better CTFE becomes, the more need there is for it.
I have suggested the "ctputs" name if it's simple (ctputs is supposed to work equally well at compile time and a run time!). But if you are able to implement the whole writeln, then calling it writeln is better, less names to remember and to use :-) A printing function is not just for debugging.

Bye,
bearophile