Any companies using D?

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 08:53:06 PDT 2011

ChrisW Wrote:

> Obviously Digital Mars does development in D, but I was wondering if
> any other companies have yet taken the plunge -- even if just in their
> R&D department -- to try using D as their development language?

Well, the company hasn't really endorsed my usage of D, but I've been creating some verification tools for our product which use to be done by hand (or not at all) with exporting to Excel. It is something to use internally and can't actually do any harm. The capabilities it has demonstrated have gotten interest, but the response I'd got from someone in R&D was "I've just never met someone that uses [D]."