Orbit - Package Manager - Specification/ideas

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jul 13 13:14:00 PDT 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1613.1310586759.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> Just curious, why do people prefer using extensionless files? I mean,
> I can easily open them up in an editor, but I can't set up syntax
> highlighting without knowing what type the file is.

Programmer's Notepad 2 lets me map an extention *or* a filename to a syntax
highlighting profile. But I agree, it's still easier to just use an existing
extension. I suspect it's partly a just buildsystem tradition, and partly
because it's not very common to use/need a buildscript with a name other
than the standard one.