Prototype buildsystem "Drake"

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jul 13 15:29:02 PDT 2011

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:ivkpdp$8dj$1 at digitalmars.com...

>> FWIW, my Drake system takes that as a high priority, too. For example, if
>> you have project "foo", then you can get the cross-platform binary
>> filename,
>> object filename, shared lib filename, static lib filename, etc like this:
>>
>> "foo".exe  // "foo.exe" or "foo"
>> "foo".obj  // "foo.obj" or "foo.o"
>> "foo".lib  // "foo.lib" or "foo.a"
>> "foo".slib  // "foo.dll" or "foo.so"
>> "foo".bat  // "foo.bat" or "foo"
>> "foo".sh   // "foo.bat" or "foo.sh"
>
> Don't forget "foo.dylib" on Mac OS X.

Thanks, I didn't know about that. Does OSX use .dylib instead of .so, or is
it another thing that it has in addition to .so?

Are there any other OSX-specific (or BSD-specific, for that matter)
extensions to be aware of? Until now, I thought it just used all the same
extensions as Linux.

Oh also, to Posix-people: Could "slib" be easily confused as being to "lib"
what "sbin" is to "bin"?