Google +1 button for dpl.org?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jul 13 21:56:10 PDT 2011

"Jerry Quinn" <jlquinn at optonline.net> wrote in message
news:ivlpao$1td9$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Hi folks,
>
> This seemed like the right place to toss this out...
>
> What do folks think of adding a google +1 button to
> d-programming-language.org?  I just created a google+ account and
> discovered it.

I strongly believe that Dig/Twitface/etc buttons DO NOT belong on misc pages
across the web. If someone wants to go "marking" (or whatever the term is)
different sites or pages with those services, then that belongs in something
that's orthogonal to the pages themselves, such as a browser feature or
plugin. The current trend of embedding it in each page on the web just drags
us all back to the dark ages when every application came with it's own set
of drivers or {insert your own example of absurd non-orthogonality}. It
makes absolutely no sense.

Plus, I don't want to see us jump on the bandwagon of being yet another
uppity trend-whorish site trying to cram those moronic "services" down
everyone's throats.

*Cough* Umm, eerrmm...I mean..."I'm not sure if it's really something we
should do." ;)