Byte Order Swapping Function

Piotr Szturmaj bncrbme at jadamspam.pl
Thu Jul 14 03:44:23 PDT 2011

Regan Heath wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:14:10 +0100, Jonathan M Davis
> <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
>> I did have to create a 64-bit version for std.datetime, so it has a
>> private
>> function called endianSwap64 to do the job. So, it's not like I'm
>> saying that
>> the situation couldn't be improved, but druntime and Phobos do
>> currently give
>> you the exact same thing that C and C++ do.
>
> The crypto library I have been meaning to polish up and submit for
> inclusion into phobos needs these functions in several variants. I was
> hoping they could/would be included somewhere more 'general' at some
> stage, and any duplicates like those already mentioned removed..

Interesting. Yesterday, I wrote SHA256 implementation and I wanted to
add other SHA variants as well. I also thought about adding other
algorithms like encryption, HMAC, PBKDF2 and submitting it into phobos too.

Did you publish your library on some website? I'm interested in how the
API looks :)

Also, what algorithms have you implemented?