Prototype buildsystem "Drake"

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:25:24 PDT 2011

On 7/14/11, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> I think a few dozen lines is way to much for a build script. If I choose
> to use all default configurations I want to only need to write one line:
>
> target("main.d");

I'm not talking about simple projects. I'm talking about libraries
which might use other C libraries, where you need to download
dependencies before building (due to licensing issues that prevent
distribution for example) or invoke code generators, and check that
the user has all the tools before building.

Have you seen the QtD CMakefile? It's almost 1000 lines.