simplistic package/build tool

Andrew Wiley wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:54:26 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Martin Nowak <dawg at dawgfoto.de> wrote:

> Well in D the semantics of a module are independent of where it is imported
> from.
> So you can parse/analyze a module once and reuse that information, while
> with single object builds you'll have to redo this work for each import.

Yes, so?
If I remember correctly, there's an option to make DMD compile multiple
files at once and emit separate object files (although gdc doesn't have
this, and I think this feature would be most useful for gdc), and the D
frontend is so fast that no one really cares how long it takes to parse the
files a few times. Better yet, parallelize the build.