D2 & Web-Framework

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 06:02:16 PDT 2011

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Sooo...I don't suppose you've given thought to using Hg/BitBucket or
> Git/GitHub? ;)
>
> It'd make a lot of things much easier for both you and others using
> your code.  And it would better facilitate people submitting patches
> to you. Theyare an extra tool to learn and use, but they're well
> worth it.

Easier for me is hard to see... right now, I just write files and when
I want it shared, I run:

cp dom.d /var/www/htdocs/dcode

And that's all there is to it.. similarly, saving changes is as simple
as hitting save in my editor. Revert means hitting undo a bunch of
times.

Basically my primitive approach is good enough, so while git (etc.)
have some benefits, they aren't enough to overcome my massive inertia.

Now, I do have git installed here and know the basics on how to use
it, and Walter and Andrei pushed me into making a github account.

What I hate about github though... SOCIAL CODING. Ugh, I see the
word "social" way way WAY too much! I've come to hate it the way
I hate "secure" and "powerful" - meaningless words added to garbage
so it can be on the bandwagon too!

but meh I did it anyway and it wasn't as painful as I thought to get
started:

https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff

Wait a minute........ the files don't seem to actually be there!
And this website is so SLOW!

How annoying.

Meh, I'll come back to it later.

BTW, looking at my comments in web.d... note one thing: most of those
are notes to self; it's a todo list of ideas, not necessarily things
that actually work.

I just realized I talked about command line access in a comment
at the top, but none of that exists in code! It's just there so I
don't forget to eventually add it.