Fri Jul 15 08:07:16 PDT 2011

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 02:45:02 +0200, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

> All functions have nice names except fcmp, why the abbreviation?

For consistency with std.algorithm.cmp and std.string.icmp, on which it
is based.  I'd be open for other suggestions if people think it should be
changed.

> Is expandTilde supposed to work on Windows? I've never seen tilde used
> there.

Nope, as specified in the docs it is a no-op on Windows.  As Nick points
out, it is not obvious what is the correct "home directory" on Windows.
Moreover, and perhaps even more importantly, there is no precedence for
the tilde character to mean "home directory" on Windows at all.

-Lars