D2 & Web-Framework

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jul 15 14:06:59 PDT 2011

"Adam Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ivp9aq$jn4$1 at digitalmars.com...

> (The difficulty I'm having there is I really want it to throw on
> not implemented or unknown stuff, but I also want it to be able to
> handle the kind of pure putrid shit you find on the open internet.

Yea, I've been having to deal with that on a big Haxe project I've been
working on. I have a nice spiffy automatic error-reporting system, but it's
proven surprisingly hard to find the right balance between what should be
reported and what would just be noise.

Speaking of, apparently, HTTP's HEAD command is technically required by the
HTTP spec to work right. But my system hasn't been handling it (I didn't
even know about it before), and I never had *anyone* actually send such a
request. But just recently I started getting one HEAD request every few days
from an IP that've traced to Amazon WebSevices, which makes me wonder what
the hell someone is even trying to do. The site is a demonstration for a
memory-exercise program I've been tech lead on ( www.attentionworkout.com -
pardon the annoying parts of the site, like the embedded sound, it was
designed to be used in nursing homes ), so I can't imagine what the hell
anyone at Amazon WebServices would be doing with it.

But, HEAD is technically required (though I have no idea what the real-world
use-cases are), so I'm not quite sure what to do.