Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jul 15 20:42:40 PDT 2011

On Saturday 16 July 2011 05:34:06 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> I'd rather have `extension` renamed to getExt. `ext` is used way too
> often in user-code.

extension is a bit iffy, since it's just the one word. So, I'm not as concerned
about that one (and I'd rather have it be a property than a have it be the
normal function getExt). But all of the others where Extension is just part of
a longer name just don't need to be that long. The combination of the name and
its usage should make it as clear with just Ext as it is with Extension, and
the shorter names are much more pleasant to deal with - especially since (in
my experience at least) the various std.path functions get used together in
larger expressions such that the longer names are definitely an issue.

So, while I'm not altogether fond of extension, it's fine with me if it stays
as extension. But in the cases where Extension is just part of a longer name,
I'd _really_ like to see them shortened to Ext.

- Jonathan M Davis