d-p-l.org statement.html

Johann MacDonagh johann.macdonagh.no at spam.gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 07:56:43 PDT 2011

> Easily. When it gives you a merge conflict, you just commit the file generated
> from the merge without dealing with the conflicts - or you do try and deal with
> the conflicts but you miss one. That sort of thing is caught very easily with
> code, because it's not going to compile with all of those>>>>>>>>>>  and
> <<<<<<<  in the file. ddoc, on the other hand, can legally contain>>>>>>>  and
> <<<<<<<, so the documentation compiled just fine. No one caught it, and it
> ended up in the master repository.

I know, but usually git is keeping track of a merge and won't let a file
with merge markup be committed unless you specifically force it. If you
go through the normal merge conflict resolution process all of that
should be removed. Anyway, it doesn't look like the markup got
committed, I think it was just generated from a file that hadn't been
resolved yet.