D emitter for Haxe?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jul 16 12:40:00 PDT 2011

"Byakkun" <byakkun at myopera.com> wrote in message
news:op.vypl3jang1j16f at petru-pc...
>On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:24:53 +0300, Byakkun <byakkun at myopera.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 13:47:22 +0300, Robert M. Münch
>> <robert.muench at robertmuench.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, has anyone ever thought about a D emitter for Haxe
>>> (http://haxe.org)?
>>>
>>> I can imagine that this would be nice booster for D to get known to a
>>> bigger community and used in real-life projects. I don't have any
>>> experience for Haxe nor how to do emitter for it, but maybe someone
>>> already started with such a thing.
>>>

>> Not familiar with Haxe but try searching this newsgroup and D.announce
>> for "Dax".
>
>Scrap that. Jus got to http://www.dsource.org/projects/dax for details.

Dax is for converting D to Haxe (D to Haxe -> Dax). And it's in it's *very*
early stages, it outputs some *.hx files, but they don't contain anything
other than some blank class/function definitions. There's a lot of work
still to do on that.

I am working on a Haxe -> D program, too, called Haxed (pronounced however
you want to pronounce it ;) ) Unfortunately, Haxed is in its very early
stages, too. I have Haxe's preprocessor implemented, and a GOLD/Goldie
grammar written, but that's about it. But on the bright side, converting
Haxe to D should be a *lot* easier than converting D to Haxe (Although don't
expect Haxe's newer macro feature to be one of the earlier features
implemented).

The main site URL for it is here: http://www.dsource.org/projects/haxed

But there's not much there right now, not even the source repo. I'm probably
going to host the code on BitBucket (I won't use BitBucket for anything
else, though). In fact, I'll try to get what I have up there today.