D emitter for Haxe?

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Sun Jul 17 02:31:18 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-16 21:40:00 +0200, Nick Sabalausky said:

> Dax is for converting D to Haxe (D to Haxe -> Dax). And it's in it's
> *very* early stages, it outputs some *.hx files, but they don't contain
> anything other than some blank class/function definitions. There's a
> lot of work still to do on that.

Hi, I don't think that converting D to Haxe makes a lot of sense. But
anyway YMMV.

> I am working on a Haxe -> D program, too, called Haxed (pronounced
> however you want to pronounce it ;) )

Cool, I expected that someone else already thought about such a thing.

> Unfortunately, Haxed is in its very early stages, too. I have Haxe's
> preprocessor implemented, and a GOLD/Goldie grammar written, but that's
> about it.

Ok. I will take a look at the emitter stuff of Haxe to get a feeling
for it. So, what are the hard parts to do?

> But there's not much there right now, not even the source repo. I'm
> probably going to host the code on BitBucket (I won't use BitBucket for
> anything else, though). In fact, I'll try to get what I have up there
> today.

Great. I'll take a look and hopefully can contribute some stuff to it.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.robertmuench.de