ID3 library wrapper (taglib, id3lib, anything)

Johannes Pfau spam at example.com
Tue Jul 19 02:04:58 PDT 2011

Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>I've just built a wrapper library for TagLib. Not that this is still
>the Abstract API that's used. The full API is written in C++ and this
>would be very difficult to wrap in D. I'll make an announcement
>shortly.

I've started a SWIG wrapper for TagLib some time ago, but more to learn
how to use swig than for the TagLib library. Most classes are wrapped,
but there are lots of warnings (not properly wrapped overloaded
functions, etc). I won't work on it for some time, it's actually quite
frustrating: You can do almost everything with the abstract API and the
effort to create a complete wrapper is huge. But for some planned
projects I'll need custom tags, which are not supported in the abstract
API. Anyway for those interested in swig/d it could be useful:
https://github.com/jpf91/TagLibD/tree/

--
Johannes Pfau