Trouble with std.zlib

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:57:43 PDT 2011

Andrew Wiley Wrote:

> I know, but if you look at the docs for the inflate functions, zlib is
> supposed to be autodetecting the gzip header and uncompressing the payload
> correctly, if I understand the documentation (which I probably don't at this
> point).

Not sure what documentation you are talking of. But it doesn't sound like it does auto detection, an answer to one of the question:

"You can request that deflate write the gzip format instead of the zlib format using deflateInit2(). You can also request that inflate decode the gzip format using inflateInit2(). Read zlib.h for more details."