How D may replace PHP & ASPX on the Web!!!

Graham Fawcett fawcett at uwindsor.ca
Tue Jul 19 10:21:05 PDT 2011

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:59:34 +0800, Matthew Ong wrote:

>>> 7) Support multiple platforms including some mobiles devices.
>>
>> Any website that doesn't work on mobile devices already is garbage. The
>> whole point of the web is device independence!
>
> True, but many many web application is currently not yet mobile ready
> because they are stuck in the CGI model(Aspx/JSP/Strut) rather than the
> full MVC model like asmx + aspx.

That makes no sense to me at all. What on earth does the server-side
"model" have to do with how a mobile device renders a Web page?

Furthermore, how is JSP or Strut anything like "CGI", and how is "MVC" an
alternative to "CGI"?

If there is value in your post, I think you are obscuring it by making
confusing statements like these.

Pointing at a CMS or a set of diverse tools and saying, "D should have
something like this!" is not terribly productive. Perhaps you could start
by offering an itemized list of (clear, specific) features that you think
a D Web framework ought to support.

Graham