GitHub or dsource?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Jul 20 02:59:14 PDT 2011

On 7/7/11 8:19 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> […]But DSource is better for
> forums and issue tracking. So I would just use both - code hosting at github
> and forums/issue-tracking at dsource.

I doubt that DSource is really the better option for issue tracking.
First, GitHub rolled out »Issues 2.0« a few months ago, which now has
support for assigning bugs, milestones, etc. I personally haven't used
it for a large project yet, but Ruby on Rails switched to it (they
previously used Lighthouse), so I suppose it is quite fit for the purpose.

Second, at least for QtD, there is a massive problem with using the
DSource Trac instance: Spam. I don't know if this affects other projects
as well, and you might not actually notice it that much because we
usually hard-delete spammy tickets/changes via the admin panel, but it
is definitely annoying.

David