Can't compile DFL Program

ray96_28139 at yahoo.com ray96_28139 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 00:30:22 PDT 2011

Ok, I started with a fresh install of D and DFL on another computer.
Got compiler errors when building the lib files because of deprecation
issues. I then edited the makelib.bat file to include the -d option to
allow deprecated functions. After that it succeeded to compile some of
DFL but not all of it because there must be an issue with the paths to
D in the registry. I don't know. It just complained of not being able
to find certain source files and lib files related to DFL and the
paths were wrong. Anyway after changing the paths to absolute paths in
the makelib.bat, I finally got the lib files to compile successfully.
I'm only supposed to have 3 files right? dfl.lib, dfl_debug.lib and
dfl_build.lib?

I went to D-IDE and tried to compile, same problems, error 42's. I
looked for some of the missing references in the lib files, and found
them. It's like the linker doesn't see the lib files. I've made sure
that the folder where the libs are located are set up in Project
Settings of D-IDE, but still no change. Very frustrating. Out of the
box I've had nothing but issues.

What can I do to make this work?