Still cannot build Phobos from git

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Jul 26 23:55:05 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-26 22:10, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd.git
>> git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime.git
>> git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos.git
>>
>> cd druntime
>> make -f win32.mak
>> cd..
>>
>> cd phobos
>> make -f win32.mak
>> cd..
>>
>> cd dmd\src
>> make -f win32.mak
>>
>> Of course this doesn't copy everything in the right places. But it
>> does work for me.
>
> As Nick points out, you also have to have an sc.ini in the right place with
> the right values and probably some other stuff that comes in the zip file but
> isn't in git for whatever reason. But I haven't dealt with all of that in
> Windows recently, so I don't remember the details. It's easier in Linux from
> what I recall, but regardless, once it's set up all you have to do is update
> the repositories and rebuild, and it works (though in Windows, you'll probably
> have to copy the resultant dmd binary due to the lack of symlinks). The
> situation with git should probably be improved though such that you can build
> the whole chain with just what git gives you.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I think someone mentioned that github supports some kind of wrapper
projects/repositories. When you clone it, it will clone all the
repositories it wraps. No need to figure out where to clone a given
repository in your system. Then you can have a build script in the
wrapper repository that builds everything and sets up a dmd.conf/sc.ini.

--
/Jacob Carlborg