How D may replace PHP & ASPX on the Web!!!

Matthew Ong ongbp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 07:00:25 PDT 2011

On 7/28/2011 12:57 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Hi Adam,

> I actually fairly hate web services. The whole idea strikes me
> as rather blarghy; my data is mine, and I really don't want you
> to have it.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A60725_05/html/comnls/us/pjm/ovpjm.htm

If you look at this diagram:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A60725_05/html/comnls/us/pjm/oapps.gif
Many different modules within an enterprise levels applications may
need to be able to exchange information with each others.

Sale Force Automation is most likely something like: SugarCRM/MS Dynamic
CRM.

Financial will be using something like Oracle as ERP.

Supply Chain/Manufacturing software might be SAP.

They all will have some exchange data among themselves from various
physical locations and various physical servers behind different firewalls.

SOA (Webservices / JMS/ MQ) is used with XML for data information
sharing for such purposes.

TIBCO is one of the major application that does just that.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A60725_05/html/comnls/us/pjm/oapps.gif

BizTalk Server from MS is also within this segment of market.

Applications that are build on JAX-WS + strut / asmx + aspx
MVC model are very much welcome and accepted in various industry because
that replaces the very old RPC and EAI + Middleware approaches.

Hopefully you might consider doing something about it for even PHP has
some form of Webservices support.

--
Matthew Ong
email: ongbp at yahoo.com