What does C++ do better than D? - StackOverflow.com

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jul 30 05:11:35 PDT 2011

On Saturday 30 July 2011 12:16:46 Alix Pexton wrote:
> On 30/07/2011 11:22, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > On Saturday 30 July 2011 11:43:29 Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just wanted to point this question to make sure there are feedbacks
> >> from several points of view.
> >> Some points in the current most voted answer are interesting and I
> >> guess
> >> some people here will want to comment it.
> >> However I don't think it's a very good idea, It would be better to
> >> just try to post the most pragmatic and useful answer to the original
> >> question:
> >>
> >> http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/97207/what-does-c-do-be
> >> tter-t han-d
> >
> > Ouch. Now you're going to make me think. My first reaction is to answer
> > "nothing," but there almost has to be _something_. At the moment,
> > however, I have no clue what that could be. I'll definitely have to
> > think about this one.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Looks like that "current most voted answer" got some heavy edits to make
> it more objective. I didn't see the original, but what I read was full
> of misconceptions.

It's now better worded than it was, and it's less offensively written than it
was, but it's still saying pretty much the same thing. He clearly doesn't know
what he's talking about. He appears to have had some friends who tried out D
and had issues with it. That combined with an instant dislike of anything
which differs from C++ seems to have led to a generally negative impression,
and for whatever reason, he feels the need to be very vocal about it.

- Jonathan M Davis