What does C++ do better than D? - StackOverflow.com

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 18:02:41 PDT 2011

Ugh, I hate seeing so much factually wrong stuff. It's one thing
to have different opinions, but half the anti-D folks remind me of
myself circa 2003.

I went to digitalmars.com to update my copy of the 16 bit C compiler
(yes, I used that thing for a long time. Sometimes still do!).

I saw a link to D on the side and took a look.

Then I saw "import" instead of "#include" and said "gross too much
like Java, me hate."

Of course, I didn't say any of that publicly, but I didn't take
a second look at D until a few couple years later, and then
I moved past my different = worse bias.

I think most the redditers are still in that kneejerk different
means bad phase and haven't actually looked back at D for a long
time after being scared away at the first sight, and now latch
on to whatever "information" they find to reinforce and justify
their fear.