What library functionality would you most like to see in D?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jul 31 03:24:05 PDT 2011

On Sunday 31 July 2011 12:01:02 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On 31-07-2011 11:57, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > Have a look at Derelict: http://dsource.org/projects/derelict/
> > It wraps OpenGL, OpenAL and other game/multimedia related libraries.
>
> That looks nice. Are there any plans for OpenCL support?
>
> > I think someone is working on this.
>
> I know of the Goldie project. Is this it?

Off and on, I've been working on porting dmd's lexer to D for Phobos, but I've
had enough else going on, that I haven't gotten much done on it of late. And
there is some controversy on the matter, because Andrei and others want a
lexer/parser generator in Phobos rather than a hand-written lexer and parser.
Both are of value though. So, I don't know what we'll end up with in the end.
I'm not aware of anyone working on a lexer or parser generator for Phobos
though. Goldie is the closest to that sort of thing that there is at the
moment. I think that Jacob was referring to my efforts to port the dmd lexer
though.

- Jonathan M Davis