What does C++ do better than D? - StackOverflow.com

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Sun Jul 31 08:47:11 PDT 2011

> It lists the .zip, but there is *zero* indication that A. it includes
> pre-built binaries, or that B. you can just unzip and use. I bet most
> people
> (expecually Linux users) just assume that's a source-only distro, since
> that's what multiplatform zips usually are.

Yes I (Linux user) did assume that and I would welcome a source only
package some time. It's such a waste of bandwidth to download the binaries
when you are just interested in the sources. Oh and add this awesome
bash-completion script from the Ubuntu package to it!
If that's not an option the description could say "source + binaries, all
platforms".