What library functionality would you most like to see in D?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jul 31 20:31:07 PDT 2011

On Sunday 31 July 2011 22:18:51 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 07/31/2011 09:28 PM, Johann MacDonagh wrote:
> > Well, if Andrei wants to flex the power of D2's templates / etc... with
> > a parser generator then maybe we should go down that route. Andrei, what
> > do you think? Would the lexer/parser be generated at compile time or a a
> > regular tool that would generate the appropriate D files?
>
> Until we have fully integrated, EASY to use, and FAST lexer and parser
> generators, we haven't yet proven the power of CTFE technology. I don't
> have the time to embark on such a project for the time being.

We need to have all of the dmd and Phobos developers in triplicate. Then maybe
we could actually get everything done that we'd like to get done...

Well, at least the change to github has better enabled commmunity support
outside of the primary developers. So, even if still don't get it everything
done that we'd like to, we're at least doing much better.

- Jonathan M Davis