Discuss here the best article iPad2 contest

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 03:19:17 PDT 2011

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 21:16:40 -0400, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What's the policy for people who submitted articles?  If we don't
> officially have
> one, I think everyone who submitted an article should vote for any
> article except
> their own.  If submitters are allowed to vote for themselves, of course
> they all
> will and their votes will effectively cancel out.  I think it's best to
> give each
> submitter a meaningful vote as to what the best other article is.

There were never any rules about authors of articles not being able to
vote.  Since all of us had posted to the newsgroup prior to the
announcement, we can all vote.

I was planning on voting for the best article besides my own because I
think that's the gentlemanly thing to do.  But there are no rules as far
as whether you can vote for your own article or not.  I.e. if you want to
vote for your own article, there is no rule against that.

-Steve