How about "auto" parameters?

Matthew Ong ongbp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 10:50:49 PDT 2011

> But yes, there are cases where something is a good idea, but
> it is difficult to get people to listen to your ideas because they have
> too much bad blood with it.
Suggest that those bad blood get some time off to think about the issue.

>> Perhaps people knows that is the useful syntax? Nope,
>> the world changed in the last 3-4 years, and shocked a lot of people.
>> Past does not define the future. Just like C++ people mocked at Java 1.0
>> or Java mocked at C# does not mean those idea are alll bad?
> I hate salmon. Every time I go out to eat with my parents and my father
> gets salmon, he tries to get me to eat it saying "yeah, I know you don't
> like salmon, but this is different, this is really good". And any time I
> try it, I still hate it.
Here you are talking about food which is a single personal choice that does
NOT impact the rest of the community. We are talking about the other way
around.
Single or small group of people's choice that DOES impacting the entire
D community. Unless we are talking about being a iron curtain style
management, EVEN that has changed.

>> The only constant in history is: Past does not define the future.
>
> No, the only constant is people who ignore history are bound to repeat it.
In this case, both.

Sometime, repeating the history, get things changed. Most people need
linear time to 'sink' in the idea.

--
Matthew Ong