Does alias prevent hijacking?

Matthew Ong ongbp at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 02:18:54 PDT 2011

> *How* would the coder of the Derived be *notify* of this change *even*
> when alias is used.

I was *not* referring to my earlier suggestions about new pair of
keywords at all. Unless that solved this issue, but it does NOT.

I am trying to show that is what he is trying to ask:

*How* would the coder of the Derived be *notify* of this change *even*
when alias is used.

I begin to see why hijacking is a problem in a inheritance tree, more
clearly with this example posted by Kagamin. If someone messes the top
of the tree, that is going to be a big problem. In javac there is such
warning. But, this example, there does not seems to have one for D.

 >I agree it is a possible case for hijacking, but I don't think it's
common enough to require more syntax.

May I ask, if there is any factual statistical calculations done or
just purely manual 'observational'.

--
Matthew Ong
email: ongbp at yahoo.com