TempAlloc review starts now

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 05:51:27 PDT 2011

On 6/6/2011 7:24 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> simendsjo wrote:
>> I have very limited experience with D and haven't taken the time to
>> understood the code, but here are
>> some easy nitpicks :)
>> ----
>> imports: Should stuff in core really depend on phobos? Isn't much of the
>> reason for core to allow
>> different "standard" libraries like tango?
>> [snip.]
>
> Actually the code doesn't depend on phobos. You can change the set of imports to:
>
> import core.memory, core.exception, core.stdc.string;
> static import core.stdc.stdlib;
>
> It will still compile. Good point though. That needs to be changed.
>

> Timon

Wow.  I have no idea how these dependencies on Phobos slipped past me.
Probably because I'm so used to thinking of std.range, std.algorithm,
etc. as fundamental parts of the language.  They absolutely, 110% must
be gotten rid of if this is to go into druntime.  This may necessitate
breaking this proposal up into two:  TempAlloc itself in druntime and
the higher level convenience functions (tempdup, stackCat, etc.) in
std.array.