possible "solution" for ufcs

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Jun 6 12:32:38 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-06 15:00:13 -0400, "Steven Schveighoffer"
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> said:

> And it does indeed work (2.053)...
>
> So we can have ufcs without any changes to the compiler, and we also
> make  it a *choice* for people who don't want to allow infinite
> extendability,  and don't want to deal with possible compiler
> ambiguities.
>
> The opDispatch could even be a mixin itself (I think).
>
> What do you think?

Clever. But how does it work for properties? Pure/safe/nothrow
functions? Ref and out parameters? Note that properties specifically
are already problem for the compiler-implemented array-member syntax.

Bottom line: there's a lot of work to do to make UFCS work right. And
it'll require some language-level changes anyway if we want it to work
right.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com