Article discussing Go, could well be D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jun 8 01:29:23 PDT 2011

"Lars T. Kyllingstad" <public at kyllingen.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
news:isn5rr$134r$1 at digitalmars.com...
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/hudvd/
> the_go_programming_language_or_why_all_clike/
>
> The author presents a "wish list" for his perfect systems programming
> language, and claims that Go is the only one (somewhat) fulfilling it.
> With the exception of item 7, the list could well be an advertisement for
> D.

"Some of them enjoy a phase of hype, but then fade again, others stay in the
spheres of irrelevancy, while yet others will be ready for public
consumption any decade now."

...With "stay in the spheres of irrelevancy" linking to the D homepage.

That annoys the hell out of me. D matches his wishlist better than Issue 9
does, and it's dismissed for "irrelevency"? Heck, I could actually buy that
if there were any actual basis at all for saying such a thing. But what
could even *possibly* be considered reasons for saying so? Is it
"irrelevent" just because it doesn't have some corporation behind it? That'd
be some real broken reasoning. Is it "irrelevant" because it wasn't created
by some guy who did something significant 40 years ago and hasn't done a
damn thing of note since? Hell, unless you're pretending it's 197x, Andre's
far more noteworthy than that Issue 9 guy. It sure as hell can't be
"irrelevent" for lack of use. So what else could it be besides just having
his head up his ass? Not that I think his head's up there. From what I read,
I'm convinced the real reason is just that he's far too much a fan of ad
hominem reasoning.