Article discussing Go, could well be D

Alix Pexton alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com
Wed Jun 8 04:23:37 PDT 2011

On 08/06/2011 11:34, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Russel Winder"<russel at russel.org.uk>  wrote in message
> news:mailman.704.1307525385.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 04:29 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>>> I'm convinced the real reason is just that he's far too much a fan of ad
>>> hominem reasoning.
>>
>> Assuming the author knew what ad hominem meant!
>>
>> Of course hatred of Latin could be a good argument for ignoring the term.
>> ;-)
>
> Heh :)  I wonder what the Scientific/Latin term for "Fear of Latin" would
> be?

I believe most (if not all) phobias are derived from the Greek, which
was, oddly enough, the lingua franca of the Roman empire. So I'd guess
the answer would be something like "Latinikaphobia", but I'm drawing on
Google translate more than any residual knowledge of the Classics.

A...