Article discussing Go, could well be D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:24:03 PDT 2011

> OTOH libraries are (hopefully) tested and stable

That's what they *want* you to think! :-P

Of course, I'm exaggerating a little, but I stand by it in many
cases: yeah, there's some hard stuff like crypto and gui, but
most stuff isn't that bad.

For that hard stuff though, there's always C libraries. The
popular C libs are generally fairly stable and not hard to use
in D, license permitting.

(Sometimes I think people forget that D has a *bigger* library
ecosystem than C, since every C library is also usable from D!
And thanks to D features, like scope guards and array ops, they
tend to be pretty easy to use straight up too.)

> Another example is GUI libraries

Aye, GUI is the biggest example of hard stuff to implement well
that's also hard to use from C.

Crypto isn't bad since C libraries implement them with a pretty
easy interface; it's generally just a handful of functions in
my experience. (Contrast to guis where it's often hundreds of
classes each with dozens of methods and callbacks... just writing
out their prototypes can take a while!)