Article discussing Go, could well be D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jun 8 22:43:10 PDT 2011

"Robert Clipsham" <robert at octarineparrot.com> wrote in message
news:isovbb$20ea$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 08/06/2011 22:46, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Walter Bright"<newshound2 at digitalmars.com>  wrote in message
>> news:isopmf$1lov$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> I think it's important that you do.
>>
>> Hmm, well, I'm trying, but this time I can't even get the "register" link
>> work at all.  I turn on JS, reload, it sits there "loading" for about
>> three
>> minutes (as opposed to a few seconds without JS), and after all that,
>> clicking the "register" link still doesn't do anything at all.
>>
>> Seriously, how completely incompetent do they have to be to screw up
>> something as incredibly basic as a link? Bunch of morons over there.
>>
>> Meh, maybe when someone makes a reddit alternative that actually fucking
>> works I'll use it...
>
> To be fair, they probably don't test in Firefox 2 any more, given that
> there have been numerous releases since and it's now unsupported.

1. It's a link for fuck's sake. It doesn't take IE9/Opera11/FF4 for a
trivial damn <a href="...">...</a> to work properly. The fucking things have
worked *exactly the same* since Mosaic (save for the "frame" extensions that
nobody should ever use anyway). There *is no* cross-browser testing needed
to get it right. There's barely any *thinking* needed to get it right. I
could teach my sister to get it right.

2. If Mozilla ever decides to put out a successor to FF2 that isn't shit,
and actually *does* follow the "customizability" that they constantly
*pretend* to have, then I'll happily upgrade.

Besides, every time I come across some self-important asshole of a site that
feels it's their duty to try to tell me what fucking browser I should be
using, it makes me want to stick with FF2 that much more. They're so anxious
to cram half-assed under-engineered so-called-"technologies" down my throat?
Well then fuck them. I'd go back to FF1 if I thought doing so would give
them a hard time. (At least it looks nicer out-of-the-box without having to
install winestripe.)

It's not my fault everyone insists on making their software worse with each
release.