Article discussing Go, could well be D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jun 8 23:15:07 PDT 2011

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:isp7bj$2fmh$1 at digitalmars.com...

> (Sometimes I think people forget that D has a *bigger* library
> ecosystem than C, since every C library is also usable from D!
> And thanks to D features, like scope guards and array ops, they
> tend to be pretty easy to use straight up too.)

Yea. Just recently I was porting DVM to Windows, which required accessing
the registry. Tango didn't seem to have any real registry functions, just
some Win32 bindings, and it didn't take long at all before I had both a
heavily D-ified low-level wrapper (complete with a fairly robust conversion
system for "windows error code" -> D exception), and a nice easy high-level
RAII struct interface to go on top of it. And most of the work came from
figuring out all the details of the Win32's registry API, which I had never
even dealt with before.

I ended up feeling doing the same thing in C/C++ would have been very
painful indeed, and it's a C-native API!