copyright - are version(GPL) libs acceptable?

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:36:39 PDT 2011

Am 09.06.2011 15:03, schrieb Adam Ruppe:
>> Maybe(!) it's better to just supply interfaces
>
> That's all I had in mind - it's just meant to reduce the barrier
> to entry a little.

Ah ok, I thought you wanted to bundle the libs themselves.
Just providing the interfaces should be fine, I think - probably even
without version(GPL) - because
1. AFAIK the "threshold of originiality" for a Copyright isn't met with
just headers/the interfaces (at least in Germany)
2. We wouldn't even use their own headers but newly-written D interfaces
that are equivalent to them.

Cheers,
- Daniel