Article discussing Go, could well be D

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Fri Jun 10 06:50:53 PDT 2011

On 06/09/2011 03:27 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Once again, I wasn't Pike-bashing. You're misinterpreting my words
> and assuming I did. Billions of people, obviously myself included,
> have never done *anything* of real significant note whether recently
> or 800 years ago. And everyone knows that. So how the heck can saying
> "some guy who did something significant 40 years ago and hasn't done
> a damn thing of note since" even *possibly* be taken as an insult?

Maybe because he has done things of note since? Who is it for you to
judge? And then comparing him against Andrei, to boot. I don't want to
get into a debate on his career, or turn this into an Andre vs Pike
flamefest, so I won't drag up what people have worked on. My point is
you didn't have to go there.

Yes, what you did was inflammatory and ad hominem.