Historical moment: D2 is now D

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Fri Jun 10 10:39:02 PDT 2011

> I think we all agree that it is appropriate to characterize D2 to mean
> "The D Programming Language".
>
>  From here on, we have changed the website
> http://d-programming-language.org to reflect that reality. D simply
> refers to what was formerly known as D2, and D1 stays D1.
>
> Also, today Walter will change the "D" links from digitalmars.com to
> point to http://d-programming-language.org, which is now the official
> site of the D programming language. Expect (and please contribute) many
> improvements of that site going forward.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

I always find it incredibly annoying when I don't see the syntax of a
language on its homepage. You shouldn't have to scroll down to see it.
Also, the example that is there is terrible and represents the state of
an old D1, it needs updating to use cool D2 features like CTFE and
std.parallelism. I'd avoid templates and __traits() and other more
advanced features, we don't want to put people off by putting too much
on their plate!

Also, a lot of the links on there link to digitalmars.com still.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/