Flag proposal

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Jun 10 11:06:30 PDT 2011

On 6/10/11 12:42 PM, Robert Clipsham wrote:
> On 10/06/2011 17:15, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/94
>>
>> Discuss!
>>
>> Andrei
>
> I really *really* don't like this. It's ugly and verbose, and a pathetic
> work around for the lack of named parameters. Either support named
> parameters or not, don't have an ugly half-baked work-around.

This is not half-baked. It's pretty much it.

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, but I fail to see how the added
punctuation makes Flag!"param".yes significantly more verbose than param
: true.

The problem that named parameters are still optional remains. Or we need
to add one extra language feature to specify required named parameters.

Andrei