Article discussing Go, could well be D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jun 10 16:14:19 PDT 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:isovj2$2133$1 at digitalmars.com...

> That's it. We need a package management expert on board to either revive
> dsss or another similar project, or define a new package manager
> altogether. No "yeah I have some code somewhere feel free to copy from
> it"; we need professional execution. Then we need to make that tool part
> of the standard distribution such that library discovery, installation,
> and management is as easy as running a command.
>
> I'm putting this up for grabs. It's an important project of high impact.
> Wondering what you could do to help D? Take this to completion.

Just a thought: DVM is already set up to handle managing multiple versions
of DMD. And I don't think it's a stretch to figure that support for GDC and
LDC would be natural extensions at some point, plus some dmd.conf/sc.ini
management functionality (which would be needed for installing D libraries).
So maybe DVM could be expanded to handle arbitrary D packages as well?