Flag proposal

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Jun 10 16:26:06 PDT 2011

Andrei:

> That's good evidence that introducing named parameters would be quite involved.

It's also good evidence that Martin Odersky, one of the most intelligent language designers alive today, is willing to do a lot to support named arguments in his language :-)

Probably implementing tuple unpacking syntax sugar too needs some not small changes, but they are well worth it (of those two features I think tuple unpacking syntax sugar is more important than named arguments).

Anyway, in Scala this sub-feature isn't a custom language feature, it uses a general feature, annotations, that's used for several other purposes too.

And I think C#4 doesn't have this sub-feature.

Bye,
bearophile