Flag proposal

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Jun 10 18:31:01 PDT 2011

Andrei:

> I'd love to see more evidence to this claim.

Right :-)

> Interesting work became possible after it became clear
> to everyone that the language is now given, so it's time to use what's
> there.

If you want to build stable large frameworks and libraries then having a "stable" (backwards compatible) language helps. But in this thread we are only talking about additive changes. And C#/Python show abundant code written even while C# was adding generics, dynamic, named arguments, and many other things (and C#5 will add more things), and the same has happened to Python too, since several years. Python is just out of a design hiatus meant to help other Python implementations catch up, and now new design ideas are discussed again. In D syntax sugar for tuple unpacking is useful for library programmers too.

Bye,
bearophile